Have you ever tried converting bank statements to an Excel sheet or to a CSV? If you have, then you understand how cumbersome, time-consuming, and complicated it can be to convert PDF bank statements to Excel or CSV.
It gets even more complex if the data you intend to extract bank transactions from a scanned document and not a native PDF document. Without a tool like Docparser, it can be challenging to export scanned bank statements to Excel because you simply can’t “select” and copy & paste the transactions. Scanned documents first need to go through Optical Character Recognition (OCR) preprocessing which basically converts a scanned image to text.
Docparser is a PDF parser tool that converts data trapped in PDF documents into actionable CSV or Excel spreadsheets. It can also convert bank statements and credit card statements into other formats such as JSON or XML.
How To Convert Bank Statement To Excel or CSV
Converting bank statement PDF to CSV can be daunting if you are dealing with huge chunks of data. Simple copy-paste doesn’t work in this case as the whole formatting goes haywire. Moreover, if you process hundreds of bank statements or credit card statements on a monthly basis, then manually extracting the data can not only be time-consuming but also prone to error.
Docparser automates your data extraction from bank statements and credit card statements thus helping you in saving hours of work and making the process more efficient.
Docparser comes with a built-in parsing engine that makes data extraction from a bank statement or a credit card statement so much easier. Whether your statements are in PDF, images, or documents, Docparser can handle all and convert the statements into Excel or CSV or any other format that you desire.
Below are step-by-step instructions that will convert your bank statements to Excel or CSV.
- Create an account on Docparser.
- Click on create document parser – here it asks you the type of document you want to parse. Select bank statements.
- Give a name to your parser and click continue.
- Upload or drag and drop your PDF document.
- Click on Continue to Parsing Rule Editor.
- In Data Parsing Rules, click on Transactions.
- Here you can select the data you want to export. You can select a part or the whole of the data to be exported.
- Move the sliders to select the bank transaction data you want to export. After selecting the data, click on confirm the selection.
- Click on Save Parsing Rule.
- Here it prompts you to select an option on a new pop-up window. If you want to create more parsing rules, select that option, else click on leave editor.
- Click on the Download Data link on the left-hand side of the app interface and download your bank transactions.
- Select the MS-Excel option and download your Excel file.
Your downloadable file appears as a link and on clicking the link, the file gets saved onto your computer hardware.
As you can see, you have your bank statement transactions exported in an Excel file. Download your Excel sheet that now has the transactions extracted from a PDF.
Docparser isn’t just a PDF converter tool. It can now be aptly titled Bank Statement Conversion or Scanning Software that helps scans, converts, and exports your bank statements and credit card statements and can download them into an Excel or CSV format.
Want to give it a try? Start your free account today and give Docparser a spin, no credit card needed.