Protecting Your Data Is Our Core Priority
We take data security very seriously and protecting your data is our core priority. Your data belongs to you, not to us, and we will treat it that way. The team behind Docparser is looking back on many years in the data processing industry and hundreds of businesses around the globe are processing sensitive documents with Docparser every day.
How Our Team Handles Data Security
Each team member has an extensive background check and undergoes comprehensive training on data security protocols. Only a limited number of staff members can access customer data.
Our support staff will not look at your data unless you request assistance. All information, data and documents exchanged with our support staff is treated confidential and will not be disclosed.
Your Data Belongs To You
Docparser will not use your documents or your extracted data in any other way. We don't resell or re-use extracted data from our users.
Docparser has no interest in storing your documents or the extracted data longer than needed. For each document parser you can choose a data retention time between zero and 180 days. After that period we delete all data associated with the document beyond recall from our servers.
- All of our services run in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. Docparer does not run our own routers, load balancers, DNS servers, or physical servers.
- All of our infrastructure is spread across at least two AWS data centers (availability zones) and will continue to work should any of the data centers fail unexpectedly.
- All of our servers are within our own virtual private cloud (VPC) with network access control lists (ACL’s) that prevent unauthorized requests getting to our internal network.
- All servers are updated on a regular basis to ensure we have the latest security patches installed.
- Docparser uses the hosted Aurora AWS RDS database which has built in failover and backup mechanisms.
- We use bank level encryption from A - Z. Whenever you send or retrieve data from the app, the communication is always secured through HTTPS encryption.
- Next to encrypting data in transit, we also encrypt all data at rest. Our databases as well as all stored documents are encrypted, from the moment we receive your data until we delete it.
- Your login details are one-way hashed using a strong hashing algorithm. Not even our staff can see or access your password.
Is Docparser GDPR Compliant And Can Be Used By EU Companies?
Historically, Docparser has alway been compliant with the EU data protection law (Safe Harbour Agreement and EU-US Privacy Shield) and we are commited to be compliant with the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) prior its enforcement date (25th May 2018).
We're working on implementing our readiness programme across our organization. This involves:
- Conducting a gap analysis - DONE
- Reviewing our contract commitments with our customers and vendors - DONE
- Planning policy and product changes, specifically around data access, management and portability
We'll be ready to share more detailed information regarding our progress soon and commit to being GDPR ready by the 25 May 2018.
We have uptime of 99.9% or higher. You can check our past month stats on our Status Dashboard.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Docparser is not a HIPAA certified service and we don't support health data related use-cases. While we take data security and data privacy very seriously, we did not undergo an official HIPAA certification process.
Docparser is not subject to PCI obligations. All payment instrument processing is outsourced to Stripe.
Security Audits & Bug Bounty Program
Docparser is tested for security issues on a regular basis by independent security researchers. In pursuit of the best possible security for our service, we welcome responsible disclosure of any vulnerability found in Docparser. The following contractors contributed to making Docparser a secure service: